Quilt in a day update

Well, call me an optimist or call me an idiot, either way, my eyes were opened when I did a test run with 4 participants. So... I have had to revise the quilt we are going to do in the workshop AGAIN! I pieced this quilt this morning and took a picture of the top only, while the sun was shining and the wind would not stop blowing it about. This is a simple ninepatch, with alternating plain blocks. More details will follow, but if you have already bought your fabric, do not worry. I made sure it will still work. In this one, the pink is the dark fabric, the multi is the medium and the pink/yellow is the light.
I will add to this later. I am going to see if I have enough fabric kicking around to make another one this afternoon so you can have more of an idea of how the fabrics work.


So, what did you do on Monday afternoon? I made another quilt top, did a few dishes, brought in the tomatoes that were ripening, had a glass of wine with my husband....

Why don't the colours look as good here as they do at home? This is lovely shades of a cool green. And you can't even see the cool Levi's fabric I used! Boats, cowboy boots and flowers. That really goes together! I was limited by the fabrics I had on hand, but it really does look nice together. The detail one ( guess it might depend on your monitor) is closer to the actual colours. The gray/taupe of the light fabric really brings out the green of the other two.

So you get an idea of where your colours will go. The dark green with little sailboats is my dark. The pale green with little yellow and orange flowers is medium and the taupe Levi's fabric is my light. Your dark, medium and lights will go in the same places on your quilt. The medium is a great opportunity (as in the pink quilt) to showcase a vibrant print.
Enough quilting for one day! Please drop me a line if you have any questions. Click here for the page with tying details.

No comments:

Google

Thanks for visiting

If you enjoyed my site, I'd love to hear from you. You can leave a comment for all to see by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of each section. If you see a mistake - please let me know! I hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

Contacts:
Sturgeon County website http://www.sturgeoncounty.ab.ca/
Sturgeon County phone: 780 939-4321 ask for Community Programs
Another Quilt in a Day Marathon Workshop will be held March 15, 2008 at the Alcomdale Hall, Alcomdale, Alberta. There will be an orientation evening the Thursday before. E-mail me here if you want any information about the course.


You are visitor #