Charity Quilts

I have made several quilts and donated them to fundraising events for the Lurana Shelter in Edmonton. Sadly, I cannot find pictures for some of them, but here are some photos of three of them.
If you bought the beautiful butterfly one I made, I'd love to have a picture of it! This little clip is all I have.



The picture does not do justice to this I Spy quilt with almost 100 fabrics. It does not accurately reflect the colour wheel effect as the colours are not true, but you get the idea I hope. This is a crib sized quilt.






The bold colours in this tumbling block quilt were chosen to highlight the 3D effect. It is made with a modified pattern, using no diamonds at all. It was a snap to sew. This too is a crib quilt and I hope some little guy is cuddling under it.


This is my most recent charity quilt, finished in the spring of 2007 for the Franciscan Sisters Benevolent Society Avenue of Hope Gala. It is made with fabrics purchased in support of breast cancer research and fits a twin bed (shown on a double bed). I also made a matching pillowcase and throw cusion for a complete ensemble. I was really pleased with this one and hear it was a popular item at the silent auction.



I plan to do a blue one for the fall, if all goes well this summer.... there are lots of projects on the burner right now and the garden is calling me.

No comments:

Google

Thanks for visiting

If you enjoyed my site, I'd love to hear from you. You can leave a comment for all to see by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of each section. If you see a mistake - please let me know! I hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

Contacts:
Sturgeon County website http://www.sturgeoncounty.ab.ca/
Sturgeon County phone: 780 939-4321 ask for Community Programs
Another Quilt in a Day Marathon Workshop will be held March 15, 2008 at the Alcomdale Hall, Alcomdale, Alberta. There will be an orientation evening the Thursday before. E-mail me here if you want any information about the course.


You are visitor #