In the beginning

My first ever quilt was a little crib quilt sewn while I was pregnant with our first child in 1979. Simple green and white squares, it has been long gone and I do not have one picture of it.

Raising children and other interests occupied my time until I got ambitious and decided to make a denim quilt for my son Scott when he was in his teens. It is made entirely from used jeans.

That was a quilt of epic efforts, and I once again set quilting aside for a few years. I only have one picture of it - taken in the basting stage. NEVER again will I make a quilt in denim.

Eventually the quilt bug bit again, and I have been quilting sporadically for about 12 years now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann - great blog - greater quilt projects. You are so ambitious! Nice to try and catalog all your efforts and have photos and the story that goes along with them! JM

Google

Thanks for visiting

If you enjoyed my site, I'd love to hear from you. You can leave a comment for all to see by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of each section. If you see a mistake - please let me know! I hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

Contacts:
Sturgeon County website http://www.sturgeoncounty.ab.ca/
Sturgeon County phone: 780 939-4321 ask for Community Programs
Another Quilt in a Day Marathon Workshop will be held March 15, 2008 at the Alcomdale Hall, Alcomdale, Alberta. There will be an orientation evening the Thursday before. E-mail me here if you want any information about the course.


You are visitor #