Quilted projects

Not everything that is quilted must be a quilt! Here are placemats I made for Neil & Meghan to match the art in their dining room (from Bombay) and their dinnerware. Thanks for the pictures, Meghan.


This is a little placemat or table runner I made while showing Janice how to do quilt-as-you-go with some blocks I had from a block swap. It measures about 12" x 18".




I made this vest about 8 years ago. I love it because I can wear all of my favorite colours with it: purple, green, black, white and even pink. The miniature Ohio Stars from the front are echoed in a large one on the back. I thought this would be a weekend project but took much longer to piece (and had many more pieces) than I originally thought it would.


Here is a perfect example of how NOT to store a quilted item. It has been folded in half, sitting on top a china cabinet with the sun hitting the fabric where it is exposed in the winter. You can see how it is faded along the fold. Rats. The green in this is the same fabric used in Samantha's quilt. There is also some of it in my vest, and in my Three Little Piggies quilt on my UFQ page.

Treat your quilts with care. This is only about 25" square. It cannot ever be restored to a nice condition! If it was a full size quilt, that would be a real shame.

No comments:

Google

Thanks for visiting

If you enjoyed my site, I'd love to hear from you. You can leave a comment for all to see by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of each section. If you see a mistake - please let me know! I hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

Contacts:
Sturgeon County website http://www.sturgeoncounty.ab.ca/
Sturgeon County phone: 780 939-4321 ask for Community Programs
Another Quilt in a Day Marathon Workshop will be held March 15, 2008 at the Alcomdale Hall, Alcomdale, Alberta. There will be an orientation evening the Thursday before. E-mail me here if you want any information about the course.


You are visitor #