Wedding Quilts



I have only made two quilts for wedding gifts, one for each of my sons and their brides. A picture of Scott and Tara's is on the way. This is a pic of the cake I did for Kelly and Matt on June 2nd.






Neil and Meghan's is not actually a quilt, but a duvet cover for a king sized duvet. It is a little big for their current bed, so a good chunk of it is hanging over the edge, out of view. Here is a draft picture of the entire quilt, made with little pieces of fabric I used in my planning stages. You can see I changed the pattern a little from inception to completion, as I could not get enough of one of the fabrics.



Scott and Tara's Quilt.... Tara wanted a black and ivory quilt so this is their quilt. It looks simple enough but has about 1000 pieces.
I found the colours plain to work with, but the end result was quite stunning.
Thanks for the picture, Scott.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something's missing....

Google

Thanks for visiting

If you enjoyed my site, I'd love to hear from you. You can leave a comment for all to see by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of each section. If you see a mistake - please let me know! I hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

Contacts:
Sturgeon County website http://www.sturgeoncounty.ab.ca/
Sturgeon County phone: 780 939-4321 ask for Community Programs
Another Quilt in a Day Marathon Workshop will be held March 15, 2008 at the Alcomdale Hall, Alcomdale, Alberta. There will be an orientation evening the Thursday before. E-mail me here if you want any information about the course.


You are visitor #