Other Quilts

After seeing a jigsaw pattern at my favorite local quilt shop, Quiltessential I was inspired to make this quilt for my mom. The original pattern is by E Quilt Patterns, you can see my inspiration at their site. I even quilted it using a jigsaw puzzle pattern, see the detail picture close-up to see what I mean.







A little fun - if you want to check it out, here is why I made this quilt. A little "While You Were Out" type of thing. Thanks Jim for the website.
This is not actually a quilt, but a pieced duvet (doona for my Aussie friends) cover.




This is a birthday quilt I made for Tara, featuring footprints (Bear's Paw pattern) in recognition of her studies of the genetics of the weasel family.



Right now I am working on designing a course for a Quilt in a Day workshop. This one is a sampler style that was a little too ambitious, so I have to re-do the whole thing with another pattern. Nice effect overall, but I didn't plan on a 24 hour day!

I will be doing the Quilt in a Day course in November 2007 through Sturgeon County Community Programs. To find out more, visit their website and click on Community Programs. (The course will not be listed until late summer.)

Meghan's Quilt, made to commemorate her graduation from U of A. She had picked the pale green earlier and we could not find anything we liked to coordinate with it at the time.

This quilt was made with fabric my mom picked up in Fiji in 1957 and just had sitting around, not sure what it might be good for as the colours are sooooo bright! I figured about all I could safely add was black and white.


Neil's quilt, made with one of my favorite patterns, Bear's Paw. It is well used! Just what I like to see - that's what quilts are for.

1 comment:

A.Sister said...

Beautiful.... I love the pink one especially. What a lovely thing to do! Anna's Mom.:)

Google

Thanks for visiting

If you enjoyed my site, I'd love to hear from you. You can leave a comment for all to see by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of each section. If you see a mistake - please let me know! I hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

Contacts:
Sturgeon County website http://www.sturgeoncounty.ab.ca/
Sturgeon County phone: 780 939-4321 ask for Community Programs
Another Quilt in a Day Marathon Workshop will be held March 15, 2008 at the Alcomdale Hall, Alcomdale, Alberta. There will be an orientation evening the Thursday before. E-mail me here if you want any information about the course.


You are visitor #