A Work in Progress

Scroll down, I've been working on it!

June 19, 07
It is soooo hard to sew at this time of year. As nice as my new sewing room is, it is still in the basement and I can't see outside. But I have to be diligent and get this thing done for fall. So here is where it is at. It doesn't look like much, and there is not that much to do, theoretically. It is for my Quilt in a Day project. So I thought if I posted it, maybe that would spur me on to work on it. Even if the garden does need to be weeded...







As you can see, it is no small task.




June 27, 07
Ok, ok - it took a few days but I finally made it downstairs and spent some time quilting. Not a lot, but then, I don't need to do a lot. I didn't add up the time I spend sewing the blocks yet, because the phone kept ringing and I couldn't get a decent chunk of time in. Sewing is one thing you can't do while you are on the phone. Ironing yes, sewing no.
So I worked for a bit, seems to me it was about an hour and made these blocks. Then about 40 minutes later I had them sewn into strips. Then I had to quit because it was so flipping cold in the basement I had to come upstairs and warm up. Besides, it was time to think about making supper. View the completed top here.
So it was a good day. Less than 2 hours on the quilt, and I still managed to get a ton of weeding done. There is always weeding to do. Always. Well, except when there is snow on the ground...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,
You are so clever. I loved all your quilts, but most of all I loved the reasons why you made them.

Google

Thanks for visiting

If you enjoyed my site, I'd love to hear from you. You can leave a comment for all to see by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of each section. If you see a mistake - please let me know! I hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

Contacts:
Sturgeon County website http://www.sturgeoncounty.ab.ca/
Sturgeon County phone: 780 939-4321 ask for Community Programs
Another Quilt in a Day Marathon Workshop will be held March 15, 2008 at the Alcomdale Hall, Alcomdale, Alberta. There will be an orientation evening the Thursday before. E-mail me here if you want any information about the course.


You are visitor #